/tmp on tmpfs

Brent brent at WHITE-DEV.QUATRO.COM
Tue May 20 15:13:25 IST 2003

Is anyone here running /tmp as a tmpfs on linux, specifically redhat 7.3?  I
currently run MailScanner's incoming as a tmpfs mount, but I just noticed
that sa has files in /tmp and passes them to pyzor, dcc and probably razor
as well from there.  Did you notice any performance changes?  If I am going
to have MailScanner's incoming area tmpfs mounted I should probably have
sa's as well.  Any other side effects?  And can we just change sa's temp
folder to Mailscanner's incoming directory or would that be bad?

Thanks,

Brent