Trouble with Sophossavi

Chris Hills chills at NE-WORCS.AC.UK
Tue May 20 13:54:20 IST 2003

Hi

After the recent deluge of spam, I decided to upgrade from inflex to
MailScanner. The installation went pretty smoothly, but I could not get
sophossavi working. Presently i am using the sophos scanner without issue. I
have followed the installation instructions, including running
Sophos.install, and the installation completed with no problems. I have
installed the SAVI-Perl-0.15 module also with no problems. When I start
MailScanner using sophossavi, ps auxw shows the following:

root     12024  0.0  0.5 15576 11136 ?       S    13:49   0:00
/usr/bin/perl -I/usr/lib/MailScanner /usr/sbin/MailScanner /etc/MailS
root     12025  0.0  0.0     0    0 ?        Z    13:49   0:00 [MailScanner
<defunct>]

Have you any idea what is wrong and how I can make it work?

For information, versions are the following:
System: RedHat 9
Kernel: 2.4.20-9smp
MailScanner: 4.20-3
Sendmail: 8.12.8-5.90