Silent virus list, was: Palyh-A virus

Marco Obaid marco at MUW.EDU
Tue May 20 14:34:21 IST 2003

Quoting Simon Dick <simon at ADVANTAGE-INTERACTIVE.COM>:

> I have to admit that from the time I first installed MS I've never
> enabled the Warn Senders option, partially due to that and also to make
> it lower maintenance keeping the list up to date.

Our site experience with Warn Sender was a horrible one and I had to turn it off.
It seems to be that at times we, IT Community, do forget that there are still
people out there who are just begining to use e-mail. In my case, the warn
sender feature ended up confusing users and caused our support staff a major
headache.

Marco