Silent virus list, was: Palyh-A virus

Craig Pratt craig at STRONG-BOX.NET
Mon May 19 20:48:35 IST 2003

Agree that it's probably better that, by default, senders are not
notified - considering the current nature of e-mail viri. And sender
notification qualifies as a courtesy anyway.

Some other ideas:

  o Reverse the logic and create a "Virus sender notify by type" list.
Allow for a ruleset with actions based on the type.

  o Create an even more generalized "Virus reaction" that lets you do
different things based on the virus type. Actions can be "quarantine",
"receiver_notify" "sender_notify", "delete", "deliver",
"deliver_disinfected", "postmaster_notify", etc.  The ruleset could let
you do it based on type. The default could just be "delete
postmaster_notify deliver_disinfected". Maybe include an example
ruleset?

  o Something else ruleset based - because rulesets are cool, Julian. ;^)

Just some thoughts...

Craig

---
Craig Pratt
Strongbox Network Services Inc.
mailto:craig at strong-box.net

--
This message checked for dangerous content by MailScanner on StrongBox.