verification of dcc/razor/pyzor install

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon May 19 20:41:38 IST 2003

At 08:04 19/05/2003, you wrote:
>For those that use dcc/razor/pyzor,
>
>I've decided to go ahead with these and I have a test server that I am
>running messages through - I occasionally (but not always) see
>RAZOR2_CHECK in the X-MailScanner-SpamCheck header, but I see no
>indication of DCC or Pyzor being used - I did enable DCC (by commenting
>out the line: score DCC_CHECK 0.0 in spam.assassin.prefs.conf). As far as
>pyzor I don't know of anything special needed.
>
>Also, I enabled some RBLs and no indication of them being used in the
>headers either - I turned on the Log Spam option in MailScanner.conf but I
>don't see any additional detail in the maillog particularly.

Make sure that
a) you have the right path to dccproc specified in
spam.assassin.prefs.conf, eg.
dcc_path /usr/local/bin
b) you have Net::DNS installed. If not, that would explain the lack of RBLs
used by SpamAssassin. Install it via CPAN. Be warned, it has a whole bunch
of dependencies.
--
Julian Field