Palyh-A virus

Steve Evans sevans at FOUNDATION.SDSU.EDU
Mon May 19 17:15:08 IST 2003

I agree with moving the silent virus list to a file.  I also think that
file should be updated like the virus scanners IDE's are updated.

Steve Evans
SDSU Foundation
(619) 594-0653

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Field [mailto:mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 8:58 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK

At 16:42 19/05/2003, you wrote:

> > included Palyh-A were
> > >
> > >It is called W32/Sobig.B at mm by f-prot.
> >
> > The upgrade_MailScanner_conf script will copy over your old setting
> > for the "Silent Viruses" parameter, so you will need to add this one

> > yourselves.
> >
> > In new installations, both "Palyh" and "Sobig" are included in the
> > list.
>
>If it's not already done, can you add "Fizzer" to the list too?
Thanks.

Done.
I'm going to have to do something about this list soon, it was better
off in a file like it was in version 3. For V4 I wanted to get rid of
all those "special" files if I could.

How about a filename or a list of virus names. Then it just reads the
list of virus names out of the file. Then you could still use a ruleset
which produced a filename which in turn contained the virus names.
--
Julian Field