Spam scores don't add up

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Sun May 18 17:49:22 IST 2003

On Sun, 18 May 2003, Christopher Hicks wrote:

> On Sat, 17 May 2003, Gerry Doris wrote:
> > I was just checking the spam scores of a message and noticed that they
> > aren't adding up correctly.  If you check the header shown below it
> > comes out to a total of 5.76 but the actual score is 8.2.  Any idea why???
> >
> > snip....
> >         BAYES_80 2.86, MIME_BOUND_MANY_HEX 2.90, UPPERCASE_75_100 0.00)
> >
> >                         EL-GORDO SWEEPSTAKE INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY NL.
> >             BURDENSTRAAT 22 1053 DS, AMSTERDAM.THE            NETHERLANDS
> > snip....
>
> It's not your SA srore, but somebody elses' who uses different values?
>
> --
> </chris>

Hmmm, not sure what you mean.  I cut the above segment directly from a
spam message that I received.  I didn't bother to show the entire header
but it was the SA score that was generated by my MailScanner calling SA.

I have no idea what is going on.  The total scores seem to be correct.
The individual scores are out of whack.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer