sophossavi-Postfix on Redhat 9

Marco Obaid marco at MUW.EDU
Sun May 18 16:37:11 IST 2003

Hi Julian,

Quoting Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>:

> I don't see any sign of a bug given these reports.

Maybe the logs are not documenting where the *bug* or the *issue* is occuring.
It looks to me that the mail is being accepted and put in the right queue.
However, the delivery is not occuring after that. The proof of this is that I
waited one hour during which I did not receive any mail. After one hour, I
changed Virus Scanners = command  ---> from sophossavi
and the mail started flowing. Also, a couple of admins from other schools have
reported this to me. This is why I built a RH9 machine to see it for myself.

I will be more than happy to provide you or anyone access to the test machine to
see it for yourself. Meanwhile, I will investigate more about the issue myself
and if I find anything useful, I will post it on the list.

Thank you and have a great day
Marco