Installing RAZOR

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Fri May 16 00:30:12 IST 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Hendrik den Hartog wrote:

> Hello
>
>  If you install RAZOR for use with spamassassin, do you need to
>  do the 'complete' installation process as described?
>  I.E. do you need to run razor-clients, razor-admin and register
>  the reporters?
>
>  (reason I ask is I thought (?) I read in a previous posting
>  regarding installing razor that you only need to install the perl
>  modules? not being an expert, can't work it out for myself)
>
> Cheers!
> Hendrik

I believe you should run razor-clients to ensure the proper simlinks are
inplace.  The others are needed only if you intend to update the razor
database with spam.

razor doesn't want just anyone tossing sites like redhat.com or
microsoft.com into their database and messing everything up.  They try and
keep their database valid.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer