SAVI Library compliation errors RH8

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Thu May 15 17:13:38 IST 2003

Hi Richard,

Although I haven't had the same problem - I did have problems with Perl-SAVI
under RH9 which were cured by doing an 'export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5' and
'export LANG=en_GB' - and re-running ./configure; make; make test etc. - you
could try this and see if that cures your problem.

Kind regards,
Steve

--
Steve Freegard
Systems Manager
Littlehampton Book Services Ltd.

  _____

From: Lush, Richard [mailto:Richard.Lush at HP.COM]
Sent: 15 May 2003 16:57
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Hi All,

I'm having some problems compiling the Sophos SAVI Library.  I've followed
the instructions but get an error when running make test:

[root at marajade SAVI-Perl-0.15]# make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
"test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/use....Can't load '/tmp/SAVI-Perl-0.15/blib/arch/auto/SAVI/SAVI.so' for
module SAVI: /tmp/SAVI-Perl-0.15/blib/arch/auto/SAVI/SAVI.so: undefined
symbol: SOPHOS_CLSID_SAVI2 at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 229.

 at t/use.t line 8
Compilation failed in require at t/use.t line 8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/use.t line 8.
t/use....dubious

        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
DIED. FAILED test 1
        Failed 1/1 tests, 0.00% okay
Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
---
t/use.t      255 65280     1    1 100.00%  1
Failed 1/1 test scripts, 0.00% okay. 1/1 subtests failed, 0.00% okay.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2

Sophos is installed ok and indeed I have been using it on this box which is
RH8.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Richard Lush

Consulting and Integration
Security Practice
Reading UK
Email            <mailto:richard.lush at hp.com> richard.lush at hp.com
Mobile           +44 (0) 7788 916941
Office           +44 (0) 118 920 2349
Fax              +44 (0) 118 920 4612

D I S C L A I M E R
The information contained in this communication is intended solely for use
by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Use of this
communication by others is prohibited.  HP is neither liable for the proper
and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication
nor for any delay in its receipt nor for any special, incidental or
consequential damages of any nature whatsoever resulting from receipt or use
of this communication.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
email, facsimile or telephone and return or destroy the original message.
Thank you.

the sender and delete the message from your mailbox.

MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info) for the presence of computer viruses.