Queston... WAS Re: razor2 working?

Scott Adkins adkinss at OHIO.EDU
Thu May 15 15:02:56 IST 2003

--On Wednesday, May 14, 2003 5:06 PM +0100 Julian Field
<mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

> At 16:18 14/05/2003, you wrote:
>> --On Wednesday, May 14, 2003 12:01 PM +0100 Julian Field
>> <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:
>>
>>> If I remember rightly, SpamAssassin just "finds it" and starts using it.
>>> You should see mention of RAZOR in the spam reports, assuming you Log
>>> Spam = yes.
>>
>> This brings up a nagging question that I have... If my memory serves me
>> right, I just install the perl modules associated with some of the RBLs,
>> such as Razor or Razor2, and Spam Assassin just simply starts using it.
>>
>> Is there any more controls than that?  For instance, what if I have it
>> installed but don't want it to be used at that moment, or simply disable
>> it for a period of time?  Is there a way to do that in Spam Assassin?
>
> In SpamAssassin, you disable individual features by setting the
> appropriate rule scores to 0.
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info

Great... thanks...

So, another question... for the purposes of testing out these RBLs on an
individual by individual basis, is there a way to enable them in SA only
for certain addresses, such as To: addresses?

Scott
      Scott W. Adkins                http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/
   UNIX Systems Engineer                  mailto:adkinss at ohio.edu
        ICQ 7626282                 Work (740)593-9478 Fax (740)593-1944
     PGP Public Key available at http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/pgp/