spamassassin 2.54 released

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue May 13 23:31:34 IST 2003

At 23:18 13/05/2003, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
> > >I am currently running roughly 60,000 messages through 2.54, and will then
> > >do 2.53, to see what the spam score distribution looks like. This will
> tell
> > >us if it will detect more spam, and whether you need to move your
> threshold
> > >score. Will post later when I have some results.
>
> > Attached is a gif of the distribution of spam scores you get with my 60,000
> > message test set.
> > Basically it generates a lot less "<=0" values and a lots more 1, 2 and 3
> > values to compensate. Once you get up to 5 or so, the differences between
> > the 2.53 and 2.54 are pretty minimal.
>
>Nice graphs.
>
>I have upgraded to 2.54 on my boxes, and also installed Razor2. If i have
>time i will have an eye on DCC and Pyzor... Razor2 took up several hits
>allready, so is looking like a quick win.

I haven't tried Pyzor yet, but dcc is dead easy to install.
Type "dcc" into Google, and click on the 2nd hit.
Click on the version number at the top of the web page.
Save that on your mail server.
Unpack it and cd into it.
./configure
make
make install
Edit /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf, remove the "DCC" line in
there altogether and put in
dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc
Then restart MailScanner.

That's it.