Confused

Richard Ibbotson richard at SHEFLUG.CO.UK
Sun May 11 19:10:38 IST 2003

Julian

> Run redhat-switchmail-nox and select postfix.
> Then

No such thing exists.

> /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner stop
> Also edit /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner and make sure it says
> MTA=postfix

No such file or directory.  This is my /etc/sysconfig for MailScanner.
Any particular place ?

#
# with what parameters should the incoming sendmail be started?
# this is used to provide SMTP service and queue mail into
# /var/spool/mqueue.in, ready for scanning by MailScanner.
# normal sites use "-bd -om".
#
SENDMAIL_IN_ARGS="-L sendmail-in -Am -bd -om"

#
# with what parameters should the outgoing sendmail be started?
# this is used to deliver mail that has been scanned by MailScanner.
# normal sites use "-q30m -om".
#
SENDMAIL_OUT_ARGS="-L sendmail-out -Am -q30m -om"

#
# where does MailScanner unpack messages for scanning?
# normal sites use "/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming".
#
MAILSCANNER_WORKDIR="/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming"

#
# where does the incoming sendmail deposit messages, so that
# MailScanner can collect and scan them?
# normal sites use "/var/spool/mqueue.in".
#
MAILSCANNER_INQDIR="/var/spool/postfix.in/deferred"

#
# where is the main sendmail binary?
# Configurable in case you use a non-RPM local build of sendmail
#
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"

Richard