Urgent: MailScanner apparently stopped processing...

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri May 9 21:54:12 IST 2003

I agree it would stay in the queue and, due to the sorting, would always
appear as the first message in the batch. But why would it jam anything?
It would get found and logged at the start of each batch, but any other
messages that later appeared would still be added to the batch.
So it would cause a log warning at the start of each batch, but what harm
would it do otherwise?
I could add it to a hash of known bad messages if you like, so that it
ignored that message id in subsequent queue scans. But I don't see how the
current system actually breaks.

--
Julian Field