spamassassin 2.53 & MailScanner

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Fri May 9 14:14:36 IST 2003

Mike,

When I set mine up I ran it as 'root' as that's the UID that MS/SA run
under.  You don't _have_ to run it at all - it is only used when reporting
spam back to Razor using 'razor-report'.

Kind regards,
Steve.

--
Steve Freegard
Systems Manager
Littlehampton Book Services Ltd.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Zanker [mailto:mike at ZANKER.ORG]
Sent: 09 May 2003 14:03
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK

On 09 May 2003 08:06 +0100 Kevin Spicer <kevins at BMRB.CO.UK> wrote:

> I use razor2, DCC and pyzor, as well as RBLS within SA, The hardest
> part of the install was setting up appropriate firewall rules to
> allow DCC etc. out (and even that is trivial once you find out the
> port numbers).

A quick question about installing razor2, if I may...

The installation instructions talk about running 'razor-admin -create'
to create a default config file in your home directory. Is this
necessary if you only intend to use it with SpamAssassin and, if so,
should this be run as root?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
--
Mike Zanker
Northampton, UK
PGP Public Key: pgp at zanker.org

the sender and delete the message from your mailbox.

MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info) for the presence of computer viruses.