spamassassin 2.53 & MailScanner

Steffan Henke henker at SHCOM.US
Fri May 9 02:09:16 IST 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Gerry Doris wrote:

> don't reject/block messages.  I believe using them with sendmail will
> actually reject the message but that isn't what happens when called from
> MailScanner/Spamassassin.
> The problem is that some of the RBL's are a little suspect and may score
> a ham message enough to have it flagged as spam ie a false positive.

Yep, I guess every admin has to figure out which RBL to use and which to
avoid. I've been using list.dsbl.org, sbl.spamhaus.org and relays.ordb.org
for 6 months - so far, I got ONE complaint from a user. That user had a
dial-up-account that was blacklisted as an open relay. He disconnected,
reconnected, got a new IP and could send emails again.

Regards,

Steffan