spamassassin 2.53 & MailScanner

Ron E. ree at THUNDERSTAR.NET
Thu May 8 14:31:51 IST 2003

Dear All,

Just wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions for
improving/tweaking SpamAssassin (2.53) settings -- I am running
MailScanner & SpamAssassin 2.53 but still getting a fair amount of spam
not over the default score of 5, or sometimes even with a negative score.

I'm running a pretty busy system that handles about 15-20k messages per
day.

I have tried lowering the score threshold but of course then I get more
false positives. I've seen mention that SpamAssassin 2.60 is much improved
but I hesitate to use it at this point.

One idea I had was enabling Vipul's Razor, but I've never used it. Any
input would be of interest.

Thanks!

-Ron