Regarding silent virus delete

Anders Andersson, IT andersan at LTKALMAR.SE
Thu May 8 12:50:44 IST 2003

Hi
I just got a short question regrding silently delete of virus mail. Im
currently running 2 av-progs on mailscanner mcafee and f-prot. They dont
seem to have the same virus names when I look at the viruwarning.txt.
Do I need to add both version or do you think its enough with one of them?
For the moment we got to many stupid swedes reading their mail and we are
getting flodded for the moment and Im considering starting silent
deletetion.

exampel:
    Report: class.exe  Infection: W32/Klez.H at mm
class.exe        Found the W32/Klez.h at MM virus !!!
Executable DOS/Windows programs are dangerous in email (class.exe)

    Report: xx.scr  Infection: W32/Ganda.A at mm
xx.scr        Found the W32/Ganda at MM virus !!!
Windows Screensavers are often used to hide viruses (xx.scr)

Kind regards

/Anders