Do I need SpamAssassin?

Andy Wright andy.wright at BARDSEY.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu May 8 10:41:31 IST 2003

I'll second David's opinion here.... I'm running MailScanner at home (!) on
Linux. Take a look at www.bardsey.demon.co.uk/mailstats  and
www.bardsey.demon.co.uk/stats and you'll see that spamassassin is by far the
most effective trap.

Andy.

PS, David if you read this, I notice on your site there is a breakdown of
spam source by country - is that a new version you are working on?

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of David While
Sent: 07 May 2003 23:32
To: MAILSCANNER at jiscmail.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Do I need SpamAssassin?

If you look at my stats (http://www.boys-brigade.org.uk/mrtg/) you will see
that by far the most efficient spam detector is spamassassin followed by
some of the RBLs. I'm not sure if this is true of other sites but in my
opinion it is well worth the effort to use spamassassin

David While
Technical Development Manager
Faculty of Computing, Information & English
University of Central England
Tel: 0121 331 6211