SpamAssassin not recognizing some chinese spam at all??

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Mon May 5 08:19:58 IST 2003

I have recently upgraded my SpamAssassin to 2.53-1 (RedHat rawhide SRPM).
It seems to work ok but somehow some chinese spam is not recognized at
all.

Although the subject and the body are full of funny characters it still
gets extremely low scores like 0.3 -> 2

The headers report only 1 or 2 things in those mails like:
        MSG_ID_ADDED_BY_MTA_3, RCVD_IN_RFCI)

At the moment I am forwarding all incoming mail to one account at a server
so I can see what is coming in. Although SpamAssassin does not add any
headers about 8 bit or other crap, all those chinese mails are correctly
being identified by pine as being in an abnormal character set [GB2312]

Is this a bug in SpamAssassin? Is there a way to block e-mail that
contains like > 90% chinese characters??? I can't block all e-mail solely
on the character set because occasionally we do receive valid e-mail from
china (albeit in English, not in chinese).

believed to be clean.