syslog not working?

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Sun May 4 20:51:40 IST 2003

David, you got me a bit worried (I made some small changes to the syslog
code in clamav-autoupdate, which Julian kindly merged into 4.20), but
I've just checked by upgrading my home machine from 4.10 to 4.20-3 and
it seems to be working fine.

Which version of Clam are you using (any of the 'stable' releases should
give you 'ClamAV Updated' under all circumstances, whereas any of the
snapshot releases should give you a message conditional on Clam's exit
status).  I don't _think_ its anything I've done, since my changes
should write something, no matter what happens.

I don't know what your logging set up is (my info & error go to
different files) so it might be worth mentioning that the new autoupdate
script logs with severity error rather than info when something goes
wrong.