Running SpamAssassin as a specific user?

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Sat May 3 20:59:19 IST 2003

On Sat, 3 May 2003, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > I'd like to call spamassassin from within MailScanner but have it run as a
> > specific user ie "gerry".  Is that possible?
>
> Why you wanna do that ?
>
> Bye,
> Raymond.

I had built up quite a Bayes history running spamassassin separate from
MailScanner as user gerry.  I wanted to be able to continue using that
history but I'm not sure how to when calls are made to spamassassin from
within MailScanner.

On a separate topic...

I have never seen a mention of DCC in the spamassassin scores when
spamassassin is called from within MailScanner.  I see those scores a lot
when spamassassin is called outside of MailScanner.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer