sophossavi with Postfix

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat May 3 20:37:49 IST 2003

At 20:07 03/05/2003, you wrote:
>I've just installed MailScanner 4.2-3 configured for postfix on Redhat 9
>with SpamAssassin 2.53. All works perfectly! when using:
>Virus Scanners = sophos
>
>But when I switch to:
>Virus Scanner= sophossavi
>
>Mail is accepted but deferred. MailScanner doesn't pick up the message.
>
>Switching back to
>Virus Scanners = sophos
>
>and restarting MailScanner causes MailScanner to find and deliver the
>stalled message. I believe that sophossavi is compiled and installed
>identically to a Redhat 8.0 - sendmail system that is working flawlessly
>(Thanks very much!)

Something curious is happening. I have just duplicated this setup on a test
RedHat 8.0 server, and it works fine:

May  3 19:33:52 tinker postfix/nqmgr[4706]: AAA011002C0:
from=<jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk>, size=410, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
May  3 19:33:52 tinker postfix/nqmgr[4706]: AAA011002C0:
to=<jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk>, relay=none, delay=32, status=deferred (deferred
transport)
May  3 20:33:55 tinker MailScanner[4766]: New Batch: Scanning 1 messages,
557 bytes
May  3 20:33:58 tinker MailScanner[4766]: Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
May  3 20:33:58 tinker MailScanner[4766]: Uninfected: Delivered 1 messages

The virus scanning code is totally separate from the Postfix code, and was
even written at a different time, so I'm not sure what is going on. I'm
afraid I can't reproduce your problem. Can you check that your 2
configurations really differ by only the "Virus Scanners" option?
--
Julian Field