SophosSavi problm

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Sat May 3 11:49:44 IST 2003

I just checked my test box and it's doing the same thing.  It looks like
it started after the last Sophos update around 12am and when Mailscanner
did it's 4 hr restarted it, it started to show it's reporting the
problem.

If I run the scan.pl from the SAVI examples, I get
Version 3.69 (engine 2.14) recognizing 81434 viruses
        IDE /usr/local/Sophos/lib/vdl.dat released 5/5/2003
Error setting Mac: 524
Error setting SafeMacDfHandling: 524

But I don't know if that error is normal since I didn't run it before
this problem crept up.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rose, Bobby
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2003 6:18 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: SophosSavi problm

This was working yesterday when I started using it for the first time
but it suddenly stopped working early this morning.  Mailscanner is
logging an error when starting up now

MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner version 4.20-2 starting... SophosSAVI
ERROR:: initializing savi: Unknown error (557)

I swithced back to plain old sophos and it seems to be working ok other
than a little slower as was discussed last month or so.  I recompiled
Savi and it's make test works.  Is there something else that I can try
to get a better log message to figure out it's problem?

-=Bobby