MS, postfix, and MIME attachments

Leland J. Steinke steinkel at PA.NET
Fri May 2 15:49:47 IST 2003

Julian Field wrote:
> At 22:15 01/05/2003, you wrote:
>
>> Our test box is stock RH9.0, postfix 2.0.9, and MS 4.15-13.
>>
>> We have been testing a one postfix config, rather than the MS-proposed
>> two
>> postfix config.  With BOTH configs we get errors of the form:
>>
>> May  1 17:08:29 testbox MailScanner[6651]: Cannot open
>> /var/spool/postfix.in/deferred/1/10D0843B19, No such file or directory
>

> What do these commands produce?
>         ls -al /var/spool/postfix.in/deferred
>         ls -al /var/spool/postfix.in/deferred/1

when I inserted the appropriate "ls" statements into MailScanner, I found that
they are empty after HandleSpam is called.  Our spam actions on the test box
were "store, deliver".  When I removed the "store" action, the messages flowed.

I will continue investigating in and around CopyEntireMessage.

Leland