Filename Rules and double extensions

Matthew Bowman mbowman at UDCOM.COM
Fri May 2 13:39:41 IST 2003

Sorry forgot to e-mail the list too.

----- Forwarded by Matthew K Bowman/udc on 05/02/2003 08:44 AM -----

Matthew K Bowman
05/02/2003 08:39 AM

        To:     paul.hamilton at sme-ecom.co.uk
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Filename Rules and double extensions

Hi Paul

You can setup Filename Rulesets per domains. Here is an example from my
setup

In MailScanner.conf

Filename rules = /etc/MailScanner/rules/filename.rules.rules

In filename.rules.rules

FromOrTo: domain.tld            /etc/MailScanner/rules/domain.tld.rules

In /etc/MailScanner/rules/domain.tld.rules

allow \.com$ (effectively replace deny with allow)

Save then reload MailScanner

HTH

Regards, --
Matthew K Bowman Systems Administrator, Universal Digital Communications.

Paul Hamilton <paul.hamilton at sme-ecom.co.uk>
Sent by: MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
05/02/2003 08:28 AM
Please respond to paul.hamilton