MailScanner, f-prot and spamassassin and Sendmail {scanned by martin dominic}

apostolus apostolus at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Fri May 2 09:46:52 IST 2003

Hi group..  new user here..

have a bit of a problem that I've been trying to work out for a coule of
weeks now without any joy.

I have mailscanner up and running reasonably well but for some reason it
seems not to be scanning everything with spamassassin..  1 in 50 emails
might be being scanned for spam and that's about it

I have fetchamil collecting/polling with mda being sendmail..  it was
procmail with recipies etc but i changed the mda line in fetchmailrc when i
installed MailScanner.. (/usr/sbin/sendmail -d apostolus)

the problem seems to be that not all incoming mail is checked for spam..
i'm sure my anti virus checking is okay as every time i send out the eicar
text attachments they are always detected and MailScanner always sends out
the appropriate emails and quarentines the dodgy files..  some spam is
detected on one user account but there are another 4 user accounts that
don't seem to be checked at all..  one of them gets over 250 spam emails per
day...  the sort of stuff you would want your kids to see..

as i've really been round the houses with this one, i'd really appreciate
some help..

i have suse 7.3, sendmail 8.11, perl 5.6.0

may thanks
apost