Embedded Disallowed Filename Extension in Word Document

Nerijus Baliunas nerijus at USERS.SOURCEFORGE.NET
Mon Mar 31 16:10:54 IST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:10:05 -0500 Christopher Hicks <chicks at CHICKS.NET> wrote:

> > (i.e. Word macro viruses, etc will be caught by the virus scanners, but not
> > all scanners will find a copy of EICAR embedded manually in a word doc)
>
> Does anybody have any experience with which would and which wouldn't?

Kaspersky does:

Current object:        Doc1.doc
Doc1.doc archive: Embedded
Doc1.doc/C:/windows/IsUninst.exe ok.
Scan process completed.

           Sector Objects :      0                Known viruses :      0
                    Files :      2                 Virus bodies :      0
                  Folders :      0                  Disinfected :      0
                 Archives :      1                      Deleted :      0
                   Packed :      0                     Warnings :      0
                                                     Suspicious :      0
           Speed (Kb/sec) :    322                    Corrupted :      0
                Scan time :  00:00:01                I/O Errors :      0

Regards,
Nerijus