Rule for Non-English/foreign SPAM to be tagged as SPAM?

Donovan Huff | HUFF DATA SYSTEMS donovan at HUFFDATASYSTEMS.COM
Sun Mar 30 00:15:37 GMT 2003

It seems that SPAM in languages other than English are becoming more and more common, especially Spanish and French.  Since all of
my customers are US based and send e-mail in English and likely only receive e-mail in English, I want Non-English/foreign SPAM to
be tagged higher.  I do not want to block them complete, just cut out the SPAM.  Looking at the headers of these e-mails they
actually have TLDs like .fr and .mx so it should not be too difficult there (have a list of TLDs that you want to tag higher), but
is there a way to look at the actual text and tell if it is non-English as well?  I am basically looking for an add-in rule to do
this, however, I think an option in the MailScanner config for setting the country/language would be helpful for a lot of people.
I'm not trying to sound USA/English centric, it is just an issue I have and I know a lot of other people must as well.  I'm not
experience in custom rules for MailScanner so if someone familer with the rules would make one up for the above purpose that would
be great and I can use it for future reference.

TIA,

Donovan