New beta release (F-Prot and Sophos/SAVI)

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Mar 29 16:37:04 GMT 2003

I have just put up 4.14-8 on the web site.

Important changes are:

1. Support for F-Prot 3.13 with its slightly different output format.

2. Support for the Perl SAVI module which uses Sophos Anti-Virus without
any of the problems we have recently been having with "sweep" or
"sophos-wrapper" taking ages to start. Step-by-step Installation
instructions for the perl module are in the "Installation Guides" part of
the docs.

I have tried it out myself and it appears to work okay.
Obviously give me a shout if you find any problems.

Download as per usual from www.mailscanner.info.
--
Julian Field