Sophos, SAVI, etc.

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Sat Mar 29 16:08:47 GMT 2003

Hello all...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Peter Bates, Systems Support Officer, Network Support Team.
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Telephone:0207-958 8353 / Fax: 0207- 636 9838
>>> mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK 03/29/03 11:44 AM >>>
>The module is not exactly easy to install, but it can >be done. I will produce some detailed instructions on >how to do this, as I don't think many of you will >manage it without some help.

Mmm... possibly as a migrating amavis user, I had all the relevant stuff in the right place to build Sophie and/or SAVI::Perl over time... other than having to specify the location of libsavi, I don't recall any problems? Do you mean the modifications you have to make because of Sophos slightly changing some of the SAVI stuff with the relase of 3.67?

>I will aim to publish a beta release supporting it >later today.

I'll look forward to having a butchers at that, then... I already have a box with SAVI::Perl on (to see if it installed), and MS, so should be able to test fairly quickly.