{S-p-a-m?} Sophos Anti-Virus IDE alert: W32/Lovgate-E

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Wed Mar 26 23:08:06 GMT 2003

> From: Martin Sapsed <m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK>
>
> Jan-Peter Koopmann wrote:
> >>Dunno about that but it's probably best to remove or alter
> >>the standard MailScanner tags when sending stuff to the list.
> >>Otherwise, messages get filtered!
> >
> > Your MailScanner should not really care about the tags of other
> > MailScanners, should it? I would not really know since I only check for
> > incoming spam, not for outgoing... No real need for that, is there?
>
> My MailScanner doesn't care but my procmail doesn't know who put the tag
> on! Maybe I'll try changing the order of my procmail rules...

are you using the default mailscanner headers?  like "X-MailScanner:"?

then don't.  Make them site specific, like "X-BANGOR-AC-UK-MAILSCANNER",
and adjust your procmail script accordingly.  Then you don't need to care
what the other site found.