MailScanner 4.12-2 / 4.13-3 incoming failed

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Mar 26 22:36:40 GMT 2003

Really helps when vendors/distributors do nice things like that :-(
Attached are new versions of
         /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner
         /usr/sbin/check_mailscanner

This now makes it impossible to make it work perfectly on all versions of
RedHat Linux. It can now no longer tell the difference between the outgoing
sendmail process in glibc 2.2 and the incoming sendmail process in glibc
2.3 as they both produce the same output. Also the incoming and outgoing
sendmail processes in glibc 2.3 produce exactly the same ps output, making
it impossible to differentiate between the 2.

So it's about as good as I can get it, but it will tend to be a bit
optimistic when doing a "status".