MailScanner 4.12-2 / 4.13-3 incoming failed

Bruce Rahn brahn at woh.rr.com
Wed Mar 26 21:13:56 GMT 2003

Allow me to add a more detailed observation in addition to my first posting
of "seeing the same problem here".

First off, this discrepancy started after the last kernel/glibc updates.
Everything was fine before that.  I too was bitten by the sendmail 'auto
start' issue when I upgraded, but that one was quick and easy to track down.

Now two more tid-bits.  While it indicates failed, it indeed is running
after a MailScanner start up and stops after a MailScanner stop.  So why the
error that it failed?  It indeed works.

Also, after the kernel/glibc update, the MailScanner-MRTG graph of Copies Of
Sendmail went from showing two down to showing zero.  If I were smarter, I'm
sure this is a clue.

It's not a show stopper, just leaves one with a false impression that things
are not working when indeed they are.

Regards -- Bruce

Bruce Rahn

brahn at woh.rr.com