additions to spam.assassin.prefs.conf?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Mar 26 19:17:14 GMT 2003

At 19:08 26/03/2003, you wrote:
>Julian,
>
>    Could the following items be added to spam.assassin.prefs.conf
>for the next edition, so that SA doesn't scribble bayes/whitelist
>files in the root directory, ie /.spamassassin?
>
># specify a path for whitelist and bayes DB files
>auto_whitelist_path        /var/spool/spamassassin/auto-whitelist
>auto_whitelist_file_mode   0644
>bayes_path                 /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes
>bayes_file_mode            0644

The snag is that this will break people's (including mine) already-built
bayes databases. It would also involve the creation of
/var/spool/spamassassin which is awkward for the tar distribution.

I could however add them but leave them commented out with a note about why
you might want them. Then when people suffer their root fs filling up, they
will find the comment in the conf file.
--
Julian Field