spam.assassin.prefs.conf

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Tue Mar 25 09:13:14 GMT 2003

Daniel Bird wrote:
> Thought so. That poses another question (may be getting a little OT
> here). I have multiple mailhubs running identical configs. What, if
> anything do people do to automate updates to preference files like this?
>
> I currently run a simple rcp for spam.assassin.prefs.conf, as an
> unprivileged user but with permissions to overwrite the file. But
> restarting MailScanner would require root privilege would it not?, and
> out of the box RH Linux doesn't allow that.

Bear in mind though that MailScanner restarts itself after (by default
IIRC) every 4 hours so if your change isn't urgent it will be applied in
a while...? (This is still the case with the V4 multiple children stuff
isn't it Julian?)

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"