spam.assassin.prefs.conf

Daniel Bird dbird at SGHMS.AC.UK
Mon Mar 24 14:22:33 GMT 2003

Thought so. That poses another question (may be getting a little OT
here). I have multiple mailhubs running identical configs. What, if
anything do people do to automate updates to preference files like this?

I currently run a simple rcp for spam.assassin.prefs.conf, as an
unprivileged user but with permissions to overwrite the file. But
restarting MailScanner would require root privilege would it not?, and
out of the box RH Linux doesn't allow that.

Dan

Julian Field wrote:

> At 12:30 24/03/2003, you wrote:
>
>> Just a quickie,
>> Does MailScanner need to be restarted when changes are made to
>> spam.assassin.prefs.conf?
>

> Yes.
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info

____________________________________

Daniel Bird
Network & Systems Manager
St. George's Hosptial Medical School
Tooting
London SW17 0RE

P: +44 20 8725 2897
F: +44 20 8725 3583
E: dan at sghms.ac.uk

Hex dump: Where witches put used curses...
"#define QUESTION ((bb) || !(bb)) - Shakespeare."

believed to be clean.