SA 2.51 and Bayes

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Mar 22 16:59:10 GMT 2003

If you have "use AnyDBM_File;" at the top of your SA.pm, delete it. This is
one of the changes I have made for the latest version. My systems are
auto-learning and manually-learning just fine.

At 20:42 21/03/2003, you wrote:
>I didn't get a response on the SA list but is Bayes even working for
>anyone.  By that I mean is it autolearning correctly or manually using
>sa-learn?  I cleared out the bayes files form .spamassassin and it
>recreated them but the databases are still 0 except for the msg count
>one.  If I run "sa-learn --spam --file  sample-spam.txt" I get
>"AnyDBM_File doesn't define an EXISTS method at
>lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm line 677"

Check you have the Berekely DB library installed (it comes as standard on
most Linux distributions, but Solaris doesn't have it, you need to download
and build it yourself on Solaris systems). It sounds a bit as if your
system is not using a good DBM_File format. The purpose of AnyDBM_File is
to try various different libraries until it finds one that is installed.

--
Julian Field