Attachment size further problem

Howard Robinson howard at harper-adams.ac.uk
Thu Mar 20 14:50:17 GMT 2003

On 20 Mar 03, at 13:55, Julian Field wrote:
Thanks to those who replied to my email.
snipped first bits
> >  or send mail that limits the size of
> >an attachment.
>
> Yes, there is a
> O MaxMessageSize=
> setting.
this was remmed out so I unremmed it in sendmail.cf
restarted mailscanner
after a few moments I got the following mesage
Error initialising detection engine - missing part of virus data
I checked the date, time and version for the ide and its correct.
I re-remmed the size setting and restarted mailscanner.
Still the same
I did a manual down load of the last signature just in case it had
corrupted and restarted mailscanner.
Still the same.
I emailed the list and got it thrown back - rejected by Listserv..
Shut down and restarted mailgateway sent  the test message and
its now fine.
Is there more to amending the sendmail.cf than meets the eye?

Regards

Howard Robinson
(Senior Technical Development Officer)
Harper Adams University College
Edgmond
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 8NB UK

E-mail: hrobinson at harper-adams.ac.uk
Tel.  : +44(0)1952 820280 Via switchboard
      : +44(0)1952 815253 Direct line
Fax.  : +44(0)1952 814783
College Web site http://www.harper-adams.ac.uk