Attachment size

Howard Robinson howard at harper-adams.ac.uk
Thu Mar 20 12:52:45 GMT 2003

Dear list members.
All our mail goes to the mailscanner box and then after scanning is
 forwarded back to the relevant Novell server internally or to the
outside world. Internally we have set Mercury on the novell server to
15mb. I know that some sites restrict incoming email attachment
or 1 or 2 mb so large emails are rejected.
However we have had complaints from some sites that large
attachments, but below their limits, are not getting out to them nor
can they send them to us. Internally we don't have a problem - I've
just sent my self a 10mb attachment to check.
Is there a setting in mailscanner or send mail that limits the size of
an attachment. Does it/can it differentiate between on site and off
site mail?

Regards

Howard Robinson
(Senior Technical Development Officer)
Harper Adams University College
Edgmond
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 8NB UK

E-mail: hrobinson at harper-adams.ac.uk
Tel.  : +44(0)1952 820280 Via switchboard
      : +44(0)1952 815253 Direct line
Fax.  : +44(0)1952 814783
College Web site http://www.harper-adams.ac.uk