What it Mean

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 20 10:00:48 GMT 2003

At 04:38 20/03/2003, you wrote:
>Daer Julian,
>
>When I on spam check i got this error in my log file what it mean and how to
>overcome this problem
>

>Mar 20 12:36:35 pop MailScanner[7404]: Looked up unknown string spam in
>language translation file /etc/MailScanner/reports/en/languages.conf

You are using a slightly old version of the languages file that doesn't
have the line
spam=spam
in it. It's a harmless error.

>Mar 20 12:36:35 pop MailScanner[7404]: Config Error: Cannot match against
>destination IP address when resolving configuration option  "spamwhitelist"
>Mar 20 12:36:35 pop MailScanner[7404]: Config Error: Cannot match against
>destination IP address when resolving configuration option  "spamwhitelist"

You have something wrong with your "Is Definitely Not Spam" setting. You
have tried to use
To:     some-IP-address
in your spam whitelist file. You can't do this as you don't know the IP
address you are going to send it to until you have actually sent it. When
using IP addresses in rules, you can only match "From". Matching "To" is
simply not possible.
--
Julian Field