SPAM Bounce

Steffan Henke henker at SHCOM.US
Wed Mar 19 09:05:27 GMT 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Matt wrote:

> at monkeys.  The real problem with it was that if one of my users wanted it
> turned off for there account there was no way to do that.  So I bravely
> upgraded my Raq4i from MS 3.x to 4.x last night.  Set it up to bounce SPAM
> based on the same blacklists and let it go(hours later, ugh).  Now my admin
> account filled up with messages from "Mail Delivery Subsystem" due to the

Matt,

I see that your questions have already been answered by Kevin, but just
out of curiosity, why would a user want rbl-checks off ?
Since the day I started using list.dsbl.org, sbl.spamhaus.org and
relays.ordb.org, the amounts of incoming spam have decreased enormously
and since the sender gets a clear hint where to find out more, eg.
"554 Email blocked using spamhaus.org - see <http://www.abuse.net/sbl.phtml?IP=127.0.0.1>"
I don't see any reason why somebody would have turned it off.
It took a while to tweak and to choose the right rbl (some block
dial-up-accounts in general), but the benefits of it are well worth it.

Regards,

Steffan