SA Exception Rule, please help.

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Tue Mar 18 19:28:54 GMT 2003

No, there's no "exception" option in SA that will prevent it from running
and scoring the rest of the ruleset.

However, you can have a close approximation by assigning a huge negative
score to the rule.. such as -100.

It will still check other rules and add them, but I've never seen a spam
message score more than 100, even the crackmonkey email that was carefully
constructed to maximize SA score didn't go that high.

This is exactly how the SpamAssassin "whitelist_from",
"whitelist_from_rcvd" and "all_spam_to" mechanisms work. They don't
actually stop rule processing, they just add a -100 score, which means
you'd have to try very hard to still get marked, if it's even possible.