Body SA rule

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Tue Mar 18 18:05:00 GMT 2003

El 18 Mar 2003 a las 10:50, Stephe Campbell escribió:

> Mr. Winkler,
>
> Thank you very much. That seemed to work, although I think I may have
> tried that same rule you provided. The difference was I used a rule name
> with a hyphen instead of underscore. Do you know if that is a real
> issue? I might be wrong though on whether I used your regexp prior, I
> tried so many.
Hi Steve,

I don't know much of the inner workings of SA, but I'd bet it uses the rule
numbers as Perl identifiers (or part of Perl identifiers) at one time or
another (e.g. as an index to a hash). Then a "-" would be an invalid
character in a Perl identifier and that would prevent it from working,
whereas "_" is a valid character.

Just my 2c.

--
Mariano Absatz