sophos 3.67 and wrapper script

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Mar 18 13:57:32 GMT 2003

The basis of the complaint is not that it is much slower to scan files, but
it spends 3 times longer starting up before scanning the first file!

Just get them to do a
         time sweep /dev/null
and they will soon see the difference between 3.66 and 3.67.

The extra "disabling" switches reduce the time to scan each time, but make
the startup time even slower
:-(

--
Julian Field