Read quarantined spam in mail cient?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Mar 17 16:58:45 GMT 2003

At 16:47 17/03/2003, you wrote:
>On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:44:30 -0500 John Goggan <jgoggan at DCG.COM> wrote:
>
> > I have some interest in storing them the new default way though -- as
> actual
> > individual files with the header and message in one file.  Is there an easy
> > way to concatenate these together into a client-readable (i.e. mbox format)
> > version fairly easily?
>
>Yes, you can concatenate them after adding From header required for mbox
>to every message (smth like echo From...>>mbox; cat file>>mbox), or copy
>single files to Maildir.

Something like this will give you the idea:

Call this make.mbox.sh
#!/bin/sh
for f in *
do
   echo 'From someone at somewhere.com'
   cat $f
   echo
done

And then do
         ./make.mbox.sh > mailbox-file
it will cat together all the files in the current directory with an message
break between each one.

Someone will probably tell me I can't just use "From
someone at somewhere.com", but give it a try anyway.

Hopefully that gives you the general idea.
--
Julian Field