About some Rules on SpamAssassin...

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Mon Mar 17 08:11:45 GMT 2003

> I don't know if I'm asking in the wrong places, but this is happenning
> all the time and very annoying.
> Our Organization use Chinese More often then english and SpamAssassin
> always think that the mail is spam and it score very high. Most of the
> time, Mail sent by Outlook express will be marked as Spam, no mather
> they are from a MaxOs or from Windows.

I think you need the following in spam.assassin.prefs.conf...

ok_languages en zh
ok_locales en zh

NOTE: ok_locales en is already specified in spam.assassing.prefs.conf, so you'll need to find and change that line.  ok_languages is not in there are the default is to allow all languages - so you might just omit it anyway.  If you're really having problems omit/comment out ok_languages and ok_locales to let everything through without perfoming any of these language/ locale checks.
If that doesn't work you could also assign a zero score to those tests which are causing false positives for you.  e.g. (I'm guessing you might see this one quite a bit...)
score   SUBJ_FULL_OF_8BITS      0

(CHARSET_FARAWAY and CHARSET_FARAWAY_HEADERS should both be sorted by changing ok_locales)

more info... http://www.spamassassin.org/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000