Beta test please

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 13 22:19:10 GMT 2003

At 21:14 13/03/2003, you wrote:
>On 13 March 2003 20:17 +0000 Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
>wrote:
>
>>Before I publish this to the world, can you test these for me please?
>
>Been meaning to mention this for a while but keep forgetting. Any
>particular reason for the install process starting MailScanner when
>installing from rpm? Could this not cause problems if MailScanner.conf
>hasn't been edited yet?

It does a restart when it has been upgraded. If I totally stop it, then I
end up cutting off the SMTP service as well, which I don't want to do. It's
a bit of an awkward problem.

As the new config file will have been put in as .rpmnew, it will just be
running with default values for the new parameters. All your old settings
will still be used. On the whole my default values are chosen to be
"sensible" and not do anything stupid with your mail.
--
Julian Field