Beta test please

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 13 20:17:21 GMT 2003

Before I publish this to the world, can you test these for me please?

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/tar/MailScanner-4.14-3.tar
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/rpm/MailScanner-4.14-3.rpm.tar
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/suse/MailScanner-4.14-3.suse.tar

Hopefully this is okay now, but let me know...

Only the mailscanner*rpm has changed, the other RPM's are as before.

The ChangeLog says this:
* New Features and Improvements *
- Improved OpenBSD installation and upgrading instructions.
- Added check of location of all required system commands.
- Improved wording of message to spam senders.
- Increased max size of messages sent to SpamAssassin.
   Spam messages are getting bigger.

* Fixes *
- Fixed important bug in filename checking code causing it not to check
   long filenames properly.
- Changed setuid/setgid code so taint mode is not switched on.
- Fixed various other issues kindly brought to my attention by Tony Finch
   at Cambridge Univ.
- Fixed problem with deleting recipients from messages with Exim.
- Fixed problem with headers being passed to SpamAssassin from Exim
incorrectly.

Thanks folks!
--
Julian Field