Problems since the new McAfee dat file 4252

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 13 15:04:29 GMT 2003

If you look in sweep.pl you should find a function ProcessMcAfeeOutput.

Comment out your current version (don't just delete it, you might need it
again!). Add this version:

sub ProcessMcAfeeOutput {
   my($line, $infections, $types, $BaseDir) = @_;

   my($lastline, $report, $dot, $id, $part, @rest);
   my($logout);

   chomp $line;
   $lastline = $currentline;
   $currentline = $line;

   # SEP: need to add code to log warnings
   return 0 unless $line =~ /Found/;

   # McAfee prints the whole path as opposed to
   # ./messages/part so make it the same
   $lastline =~ s/$BaseDir//;

   # make an equivalent report line from the last 2
   $report = "$lastline$currentline";
   $logout = $report;
   $logout =~ s/%/%%/g;
   #MailScanner::Log::InfoLog($logout);
   # note: '$dot' does not become '.'
   ($dot, $id, $part, @rest) = split(/\//, $lastline);
   $infections->{"$id"}{"$part"} .= $report . "\n";
   $types->{"$id"}{"$part"} .= "v";
   return 1;
}

I have commented out the "Log" line as that won't work in version 3. If you
look through your original version in sweep.pl you will soon see what that
line needs to be.

--
Julian Field